Blogger given 24 hours to Get Out of Town!

I was sent an e-mail - not mail but e-mail - ordering me to remove any and all references or connection to Town of Newmarkett official events or website and of showing any town logos within 24 hours from my blog post address. I have purposely spelled the town's name wrong so it does not get deemed having been used in any official capacity. Ha.
Designed for / by a youth contest to end graffiti..Will they censor this too?

Q:Does this mean people can't attend town events and post pictures of anything on FB, or blog about it, or reference it if it's a town event?
I don't think so big brother....but you can try. 

I've looked at my blog content at the blogspot location they sent me and saw nothing even remotely connecting myself or TPE to the town in any official capacity nor deemed me trying to connect myself with the town's events in any official capacity nor any other entity as such. I've removed one link essentially promoting them and some event pics now
I once called Town's Arch Mcdonald's-like - No more!

I've been told by a considerable number of business owners and residents, including a number of town councillors, that my unofficial promotions of / for events in the town (not always run by town) should be commended

On occasion a blog opinion doesn't match the town's official position but so what? I'm not an agent of them nor did I ever claim to be, just a resident I'd thought, who grew up here and still happens to give a crap. Blogs are for opinion and sharing things. Period.


Perhaps someone didn't like me posting a picture of the sign they have which is a life sized likeness of the guy in charge of the budget putting coins in a piggy bank  that was sitting inside the town offices, or the street sign that advertises Newmarket's place in the world according to a magazine's opinion - of which I called both wastes of money. Can they legally silence opinion?
When this last farm goes due to council decisions I won't blog about it now

By the way, I volunteered to be on an organizing committee for a recent Town of Newmarket event, as well as I ran a booth at it with free activities and prizes for kids, and there in front of the rest of the dozen or so attending organizing volunteers, I specifically mentioned to a staffer who'd asked us to spread the word of the event that I could blog about it and was encouraged to but apparently the legal department wasn't informed. 

No matter, I could use the publicity as a fledgling blogger getting pressured for perhaps politically motivated reasons should it come to that I guess. Not saying they are, but someone's miffed. Meantime...Time's a wasting!

These things are mentioned and shown because they need to be. Waste is waste and corruption begins with censorship.

Meantime I must get ready for the upcoming Friendly Neighbourhood Youth Road Hockey Challenge upcoming at the Newmarket Community Centre and Riverwalk Commons - but has no DIRECT or indirect CONNECTION TO THE TOWN JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR. Although there was at one time and at that time insisted we use the logo but so we're clear there is  
NO TOWN AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER.  


Remember...24 hours..!(spoken like from the Flintstones ala Rock Hudson!)