Passion Party Girl Screwed Me Promotion


Shocking FB read reaction!
I used to be an Associate Producer of feature films. We didn't produce them like most Canadian production companies would, with grants and the like, but by finding private investors from cold calls. That is how I was trained - to entice and convince American businessmen, over the phone, to come on-board our movie production as a partner - whether it be Hansel & Gretel with Taylor Mumsen and Howie Mandel or Miracle Dogs or Super Cross or whichever we were producing at the time. Our minimum investment was $25,000 American and it was an unbelievable high when you closed a deal, which I learned from the best - an Executive Producer with 30 films to his credit and with whom every word mattered - and who'd explode if you screwed up. One day he over heard one of the Associates guaranteeing something to a prospective investor. After he hung up he was summoned into the office ceremoniously. Doors hid nothing.

" Never, ever guarantee anyone anything!" he bellowed whilst throwing something that slammed the wall, "There are no guarantees in life! You can't guarantee that tomorrow is even going to be here!"

"But I wasn't guaranteeing the deal", he tried to interject but Bossman was having none of it. 

" I've told you about this before! Now get your stuff and get the fuck out. I don't want to see you for the rest of the week!"

" But I was just..."

Get ouuuuuuut!!!...Followed by a lot of slamming and kicking of things for several minutes after he left even.

In the end he helped me bring in a million dollars using his methods, tops in the company, but the pressure to perform was quite something. Lol. I left before the roof came down.

I raise this lesson because the other day someone posted a negative thing about TP Entertainment because I "screwed her out $" due to a cancelled night she had booked to sell her "ladies" passion products. Huh, you ask?

Let me esplain Lucy ( Ricki Ricardo voice lol). I was looking to bring in some lady guests for a live 'talkshow" type format at a bar for a ladies night and had thought this person with the lady passion products, which were love lotions and oils mostly, would be a good fit, as it was different and 'sexy". I had discussed the concept with the owner who'd asked me to come up with an idea for a ladies night and who'd agreed. The house was to also host special drink prices and ladies night menu but before we went live she took it upon herself to visit to the venue without me, and apparently inform the staff she'd be there pushing vibrators on the patrons, so next time I went in, they advised me that under no circumstances could I have her / them there.

I turned to the owner and said "I told you about this, we discussed this", to which replied,

" I didn't understand what you meant"

Best to kiss and make up!..ah er or is it kiss in make -up
I tried to explain to the owner that she would be just a guest and we'd just have some comedy fun showing some lotions when she guested  - and we could tell her no vibrators - but it was too late, the waitress pool was already tainted, so when I informed missy that she could not be a guest, she blamed me.

Even as I tried to explain to her that the owner's English wasn't perfect, and he may not have understood completely (he did), and that these things happen. Nope, I cost her money and that's all she saw and therefore feels that makes it o.k. to badmouth me on Facebook and that is fine, however I'm not the owner, and had she stayed away, instead being so snoopy and loud, it would have been fine. There are no guarantees in life schweethaat ( said using a Humphrey Bogart voice) and I guarantee you I never "promised' or "guaranteed" anything! Sometime promotions don't work out, and when they don't, guess who else loses? The promoter that's who, so spare us the sob story over one missed night!

I so can't refrain from telling you to go F@#k yourself! 

TP out!