"Like" This Bless Fest or Animals Be Damned


No animal to have blessed? No worries. Fairy Lake Park has plenty. This little guy was at the Jazz Festival!
Lately I found I'm falling into the trap of searching online for things to "hate". You make quick comments to or about complete strangers or to no one and quickly move on to the next, sometimes returning for more rebuttal hate. This person hates Jews, that person hates Palestinians, Obama, the news channel of thread they're commenting on, people's bare bellies and on! Enough! We already have enough anger! Time to dial it all down I say! That's why I created International "Like" Week.

International "Like" Week runs from whenever the person starts, to a week later, and during that time, they must only be positive, make positive comments and "like" as much as possible. If you have an opposing view on a subject you're asked to be polite and only respond in a positive manner. Think you can handle it? Ready? Go! I'll check back and let you know how it went...

That means any blogging will also have to be nice and filled with liking type wordage, so I'll certainly be careful...Comedy is okay I guess, so long as the subject " hatee' is not made the butt of it or made to look bad. Hmmm..this could take some doing.

"I had a blast at a recent Entertainers In the Park Show as there is nothing quite like watching the same tired entertainers year after year!" No, see, that would be sarcastic, so sarcasm is out. I'll try another approach on an event I might otherwise poke at. And may God bless all the the world's E.I.P. shows!
Recently I came across this fella watching me in the forest. Maybe Ill rope him in for a blessing!

Bless You!

Even if you don't have a pet, the upcoming Sept 13 event, Bless Fest ,will be blessing all animals at Fairy Lake Park, and sounds to be a fun ride - especially if you own a camel or a horse!
All animals are apparently available to be "blessed" - with everything from donkeys to oxen to monkeys having been in the past at the blessed event.

Personally, I've always wanted to Christen my gerbil..Oops..that's right, I already did that. In our toilet. Hey, it was an accident! At least I didn't try and have him circumcised!


"Don't bug me" was the implied response I got from this potential blessed creature!
The Blessings will be carried out by local Anglican Pastor, Father Gordon Sheppard, who has been doing the good Lord's work for the event since 2010 along with guest animal loving Pastors.

I found out about the Bless Fest from a food vendor, Oh My Dawgz ,who take up the spot n.w. of Mulock & Yonge St. in Newmarket during the week, and who will also be serving up their unbelievable jerk off the menu, er, I mean jerk-dogs, off their menu...Doh! Mmmm..freakin' brow sweating good though! She tells me CP24 is even coming so I know she's not dogging me!

No word whether Pastor Gordon also blesses the dead animals. Atheist animals and Vegans welcome!

Have a wonderfully blessed day..er..week...everyone!

Er, ah, one last word...Lord you know I'm joking right? So this little writing escapade won't get held against me right? Gulp. And the short spoof I did about, A Christmas Carol, counts right? Lord? Lord?!.....What about my "Like" idea?....... Uh oh! Oh Lordy...God help me!
Tom out!
Why Bless their Souls! Fairy Lake features water wild life too.
He's been barking at all his Main St neighbours about the nearby event!